Finding Shelter is a no-kill animal rescue and our animals are cared for in loving foster homes until they are adopted.
The following guidelines are provided to you, the potential adopter, so you know what to expect throughout the application process. Finding Shelter reserves the right to decline applications and all adoptions are at the discretion of Finding Shelter.
- Applicant must be within a 30 mile radius of King of Prussia, PA.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to adopt from Finding Shelter.
- Submit an application online or at an adoption event. Please include complete veterinary and personal references. Applications may be mailed to you, but submissions via our website are the fastest method to apply. (Please give us a minimum of 48 hours to begin to process your application.)
- A Finding Shelter volunteer will review your application and call you with any questions. If all adoption requirements are met a volunteer will call you to set up an appointment.
- Initial meeting with Finding Shelter dogs or cats. ALL members of family household are required to meet the Finding Shelter animal(s) before an adoption decision is determined.
- At this point, if applicant(s) and Finding Shelter are comfortable proceeding and applicant already has a pet in the household, an introduction will take place for existing family pet(s) to Finding Shelter dog/cat (occasionally, more than one meeting is necessary).
- Home visit completed by Finding Shelter volunteer.
- Application is approved or denied based on the successful previous steps. Decisions for adoption typically take between one and weeks.
- If the application is approved, a Finding Shelter volunteer will complete the adoption process by assisting with a smooth transition of the Finding Shelter animal(s) into their new, permanent home. Adopter will be provided with information about the specific animal's diet, containment/management/crating, baby gating in house when dog is to be left alone, housetraining, safe outdoor exercise, preventative veterinary care, manners and behavior training, etc.
- Continued support will be provided for the adopter to ensure a smooth transition and permanent placement of the pet in the adopter's home.
Multiple applications are accepted for all Finding Shelter animals with the intent to make the best match possible. Our concern is for not only the animals, but for the families in the community who lovingly welcome our dogs and cats into their homes. Therefore, Finding Shelter reserves the right to make adoption decisions based on the animal's permanent placement in a loving home.
Please visit our adoptable animals.